Welcome

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bran's Birthday

Today is actually the day of my hubby's birthday. Since we were in Bend over the weekend and all of our family is over there we decided to celebrate then. And tonight we are actually celebrated my wonderful hubby's bday AGAIN!  I did a black and orange theme since he loves the Oregon State Beavers.



I made pumpkin spice orange cupcakes that I forgot to take a picture of and these chocolate cupcakes.
Hubby and my daddy
I was pretty proud when everyone came wearing orange and black!
I made my mom's recipe for Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo Ice cream cake today and it is SO good and easy to make. Here's the recipe.

Mint Chocolate Oreo Ice cream Cake
1 box Oreos
1 bottle Hershey chocolate syrup
1 square box of Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
1/4 cup butter

1.Spray 9X13 with Pam lightly.  Roll Oreos with rolling pin until crushed and place in bowl.
2.Melt 1/4 cup butter and pour into bowl of crushed Oreos. Then place the 1/2 bowl of crushed oreos into the 9x13 and press down firmly to form a crust.
3.Next unwrap all sides of the square ice cream container and cut with a knife 4 slices of icream about 1/2inch width to place into 9x13 pan. Arrange all of the ice cream on top of the crust carefully making sure that you are not mixing the crust and ice cream.
5. Squirt all of the Hershey syrup on top of the ice cream. 
6. Sprinkle the rest of the crushed oreos over the top and freeze overnight. 

My mom has made this cake with Rocky Road Ice cream  and it turned out really rich. I am sure it would taste great with just about any Ice cream. Try it-I am sure you will LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...