Welcome

Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend Recap

Brandon and I had such a fun weekend together in the sun. These last weeks of summer we really have wanted to soak it all up before school starts again.  Friday we spent the whole day at the river in Brownsville just the two of us and Oliver.Then that night we went out to Ruby Tuesday's and laughed a lot with our friends Tatum and Cody. 
Saturday we decided to go on a drive to Mt. Angel since we had both have never been there to check it out.
Saturday Evening we headed to the first Recycled Love festival for awareness of Human Sex Trafficking. My passion for this issue came from when I was in India with YWAM. We went to the Red light district in Mumbai and saw little girls where there parents had sold them into sex slavery and woman that were forced into the industry and were left with AIDS. My heart broke as we talked with these woman, some of them who had been in there since they were FIVE years old and new NO other life.  As a christian I know I am compelled to have a voice and do everything I can to stop it. It is not only a issue in India, but a huge issue in our country as well. Portland Oregon is the number one area for Sex trafficking in the United States. I couldn't believe that when I heard it. 
The father that the movie Taken was made after spoke. He was blunt and passionate and said that we dont give a damn about anything until it affects us personally. That is true,we don't and we NEED to.  There are many organizations in our area that you can get involved with that rescue these woman and put them into safe houses.  The human sex traffiking number to call if you know someone who has been taken is 1-888-3737-888.

Sunday we went to church and right after we headed to Silver Falls to hike around. I hadn't been there since a highschool marketing trip and Bran had NEVER been there.  I think it  has now become one of our favorite places to go!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures.. sounds like a wonderful relaxing weekend!!!

    I have heard of sex trafficking, but never knew it was a major problem in the US. How sad! Thank you for sharing that info.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...